Children who are anxious often worry about making mistakes and it can be an important area to address in therapy. This short course provides an opportunity to explore a common childhood anxiety in detail. The course includes a number of therapeutic activities that allow children to explore their worry about mistakes in a playful and fun manner. Practical tips for working with children and their families via telehealth or face to face are also covered.
In this short course you will:
- Understand what anxiety around mistakes looks like
- Learn how this worry relates to anxiety more generally
- Understand practical tips for working with children who worry about mistakes and their families
- Learn to use therapeutic activities to address anxiety around mistakes in a creative and playful way
You will receive:
- 2.5 hours of CPD, including about 2 hours of course videos covering important concepts, lots of practical ideas and engaging therapeutic activities, accessible for 6 months from purchase date.
- A downloadable workbook that includes the presentation slides, space for reflection and write-ups of our therapeutic activities.
If you are looking to complete this with a group of five or more colleagues please contact us to arrange a group discount. Please note that logins cannot be shared on the Teachable platform.
Dr Suzanne Barrett and Dr Fiona Zandt are both Clinical Psychologists who work with children, adolescents and families. They have over 40 years combined experience working in a range of settings, including the Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne, child and adolescent mental health services, and private practice, with children and adolescents with a broad range of psychological problems. Their approach draws heavily on ACT and CBT, utilising developmentally appropriate playful strategies. They emphasise working with families and have a strong system focus.
Fiona and Suzanne are authors of the Creative Ways to Help Children book series for therapists published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers and founders of Creative Child Therapy Workshops. Please visit www.childpsychologyworkshops.com.au for information about their books, workshops and free resources for therapists working with children and families.
This short course is for therapists who work with children and families who are looking for new practical ideas and playful therapeutic activities. This includes psychologists, social workers, counsellors, occupational therapists, speech therapists and other mental health clinicians. The course is suitable for both less and more experienced therapists. Therapists who have previously enjoyed our Creative Ways to Help Children Emotions online course or our workshops will enjoy attending this one too.